Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Day Where Everything Changes

Have you ever been judged? Maybe because of something small or stupid that you have done? Have you ever been judged just because of some other person's mistake?

I am currently reading  "The 9/11 Report" by Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon and it is based on the Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States. The book has many pictures along with the words that are very intense and get readers to think. This book is basically like a comic book with words and pictures at every corner.

It truly breaks my heart pondering these actions on what terrorists did. It actually sickens me that we have a society like this.

I am really upset of what happened in 9/11. There are no words to describe how hard it was for me to take in the fact that thousands of people were killed. That morning mothers and fathers aunts and uncles, sisters and brothers expected to return home safely just like any other day, but it hurts knowing that they all lost their lives. Honestly my heart goes out to all the families who lost their dear loved ones. I can't imagine how hard it must've been for them. The terrorists not only killed people in the buildings but people in the hijacked planes as well. They killed people who were supposed to land safely. They killed people who had families waiting at home. I don't understand what the terrorists got out of this. How does killing people help make this world a better place? You just killed thousands of generations. You killed parents whose kids were waiting for them at home. You brought the end to people who were so young. Everyone deserved to continue their life. I don't believe anyone's life should end so tragically. It's such a disappointment knowing that people exist in this world would kill for the pleasure. But what pleasure?!?!

Many Muslims in America these days are accused of being a part of the 9/11 bombing. People believe that every Muslim is accountable for the deaths that occurred. I find this very unacceptable and rude. But all those Muslims that were accountable for the deaths should be punished for their actions. My heart is broken because I know that all those innocent lives were taken for no reason.

I myself am a Muslim, and I AM PROUD to be one!! I don't care what anyone thinks of me because this is my life. There is no reason on why people should judge me based on my religion and where I am from. So what if I am Muslim? Shouldn't I be treated the same as everyone else? The bombing mistake was someone's who was careless and didn't think of others or their own nationality they were putting a scar on. The mistake was not mine....

I am tired of hearing stories of people being judged based on the fact that they are Muslim. Like are you seriously gonna do that??? What benefit are you getting from this? Not all Muslims are terrorists, and I just wanna get the fact out to everyone out there who thinks that we are accountable for these actions. :(
I know many people who get accused of being a part of the 9/11 just because they wear hijabs on their head. No one should go through the horrific event that occurred at 9/11.

This impact remains in our lives forever....

2 comments:

  1. I completley agree with you in that people need to stop labeling other people for what they might do or who they are. -Meaghannn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your post, I agree with your opinion it's a very sad thing to know that people lost there lives for this and families were left without some family members , I like how you include how you felt about the book and the different details you included

    ReplyDelete