Have you ever wondered how other people live their lives? Without education? How they find happiness in little things such as lemon seeds? Well, I have. Its actually heart breaking once you find out how other people live. Filthy places, barely any food, no diapers and only one pair of shoes...all this, just because of no education. When kids think about it, education is just a bore. No use in their life when its time to have fun. But when adults think about it, it means everything. "AHH I HATE THIS STUFF, WHY DO I NEED TO LEARN IT?!?" as a kid can simply turn into "Man! I wish I learned that!" as an adult. A good education plays a very important role throughout the lives of students, it might not seem like it at first, but at the end it really pays off.
In the book "Make Lemonade" by Virginia Euwer Wolff an education is a very serious matter. An education provides a high school diploma. An eduction provides a meaningful job. An education provides a roof over your head, food on your plate, and warmth in your souls of what is complete in your life. Jolly a seventeen your old teenage mom doesn't have that warmth. She lacks having a good education and a high school diploma. Though she has food on her plate and a roof over her head she doesn't have what she actually needs to provide herself and her two kids with... a job.
A job to me is truly necessary if you have a kid, especially if you have two. You need to feed three mouths including your own, and that is not possible if you don't have enough money. Although I haven't experienced this myself paying rents and bills is a serious pain, but it needs to be done when you are living on your own with absent fathers of not one, but two kids. Jolly had asked LaVaughn to burrow money to pay the apartment rent, but LaVaughn isn't able to give Jolly it because she doesn't make money herself for baby sitting (since Jolly is fired) and her mother sure won't give her the cash.
I can't relate to this idea of being in Jolly's situation, or having a friend that was in Jolly's shoes, but I sure can feel sympathy for her. I honestly do feel really bad knowing that most of her time, Jolly searches for jobs, tries to gather up money and most of all she tries to take care of her beautiful kids.♥ If you have the opportunity to go to school under any circumstances, don't waste it. Take a moment to appreciate the amazing education you have because it will really pay off in the end :)
If school is a responsibility you can take, take it.
DULA, I really like this post, I like how you introduced the first paragraph, because you switched and made your world connection in the beginning, and not only in the end.. I really agree with you on this topic because its true like I said on Michelle's post kids don't really value things, and they should. Good post love :) <3
ReplyDeleteula I completely agree with you and I also think that education is very important and plays a big role in our everyday life as we grow into adults
ReplyDeleteDula!!I love your post. Great intro and I totally agree.I really like how you would start with asking questions first and then connect it to yourself or the world.yeah education is important and like meaghan said it does play a big role in our life. awesome post <3 ^.^
ReplyDelete