The book It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini is about a boy named Craig Gilner, who is depressed. The idea of the story to me is very interesting because Craig isn't the happy boy he was before. There are many differences between me and my protagonist Craig. Some of the differences are stated below.
One way Craig and I are different, is that he doesn't enjoy life when I do. Craig just hides himself in the bathroom when it's dark, and the lights are turned off. That's his way of peace. being alone and trapped in the bathroom.He also thinks peeing is great, and that it's something his body has to do. I don't think being in the bathroom is peaceful. Nor the dark. And both of them combined, no way.
The second way Craig and I are different is that Craig thinks life is a nightmare. His dreams are where he wants to stay most of the time. He doesn't think life is amazing, or fun. Even if his dreams were a nightmare, he would consider it better than life. I think that's pretty crazy. I am glad to wake up every morning to start a new day, when he isn't.
The third way Craig and I are different is that he is always depressed and never has a smile on his face. He has to go to shrinks which are kind of like guidance counselors, to express his feelings. And it is pretty much all the same things like not enjoying life, or life being a nightmare. But towards the end of the book, he tried to enjoy life more, and it worked. He kept a hold of a job, he drew, he ran, he went home and enjoyed himself being alive once again like his childhood. But I have never been depressed for a long period of time, and then started to enjoy life again, when Craig has.
I don't really understand why Craig has to be so depressed, he has friends who like him and want to spend time with him. Also a loving Mother who takes care of him. These are the reasons on why Craig and I are different stated above.
No comments:
Post a Comment